The Museum Education Program currently serves San Francisco and nearby Bay Area locations. 90-minute workshops are scheduled mostly
for mornings with two groups or classes requesting the same workshop topic.
In elementary schools the 30-minute slide show portion is normally viewed
by the two participating classes together, followed by separate activity
periods for each class, one following the other. Middle school
scheduling is best using back-to-back class periods or core periods allowing
for the 90-minute workshop length.
- The online form allows the ability to request one date and three alternative dates for workshops.
- Two groups requesting the same workshop are seen per day.
- Using the online form, all those interested from a specific site are asked to sign up under one primary contact for that site.
- The billing invoice will go to the primary contact for the site once a date is confirmed and will include all workshops for that site.
- Please note that rescheduling is discouraged outside of exceptional circumstances. We request at least three weeks notice, and a penalty may be charged.
- $180 for 90-minute workshops (for groups of 30 maximum)
- Basket weaving and Papermaking (3 hours long) are $14 per student
- Submit ONLINE FORM »
- If you are from a new site and need additional information, please contact Linda Janklow at ljanklow [at] mocfa.org, or leave a voice message at (415) 227-4888, EXT. 23
- Dates and time schedules will be sent to the primary contact by email.
- For each workshop a Preparation Packet in PDF format and time schedule will be sent two to four weeks prior to the scheduled date. These will be sent by email unless an alternative method is requested.